A quality roofing system is beneficial to the health of your home. However, if the gutter system is faulty or inadequate, then damage and complications can occur. It is important to ensure the gutters are durable, secure, and able to complete the desired job.
How do you know if it’s time to change the gutter system on your home? Here are some warning signs to keep in mind as you inspect your gutters.
- Do you notice any cracks in the gutter?
- Is the paint beginning to peel?
- Do you notice pools of water under the gutter?
- Do you spot mildew near the foundation of your home?
- Do the gutters sag or pull away from the home?
- Is there breakage at the seams?
- Is there rust present?
- Are there nails and/or fasteners on the ground under the gutters?
There is so much to look at and inspect with a gutter system! If you have noticed any of the above complications, then it is most likely time to invest in new gutters. Which is the best gutter system for my home and budget?
Sectional vs. Seamless
How do you choose which system is best for your home? At Integrity Roofing and Painting in Colorado Springs, we install two types of gutter systems. Seamless and sectional. Here is a list of the pros and cons of each system.
This type of gutter system is created and pieced together with connectors and fasteners to extend the length of the home. Each corner piece and end cap are attached with fasteners as well. Given these sections, debris can build up at the seams. These gutters, however, are a wise option as they can fit into almost any budget.
- Affordable gutter option
- Can be done by the homeowner
- Minor damages, such as small cracks and holes, can be repaired
- Fairly quick installation, usually a day or two depending on the size of the home
- Sectional gutters may weaken due to various weather conditions
- Can leak where fasteners have been attached
- Lifespan is minimal, considering it needs to be resealed every 1 to 5 years
- Made of a weaker material
It’s tough to beat the quality of seamless gutters! These gutters are custom-cut on-site, then installed immediately. The lack of seams makes them durable, and long-lasting, and will rarely crack or split.
They are durable and require less maintenance than other gutter systems. Seamless gutters are designed to fit any roof.
- Strong and durable
- No seams mean no potential for leaks
- Able to withstand weather conditions
- Perfect fit to the home
- More expensive upfront than sectional
- If repairs are needed, the section will need to be replaced
- Needs professional installation for proper placement
Integrity Roofing and Painting in Colorado Springs is here to assist you with all of your gutter and roofing needs. We stand behind our name! Our mission is to build relationships by exceeding customer expectations. To do this, we complete each project safely, on time, and within budget. We represent the highest standards of quality, excellence, safety, and customer service. Call us today for more information on how we can help secure your roof for years to come with a quality gutters system!