Roof Hail Damage
Roof Repair Company for Hail Damage in Colorado Springs
If you live in Colorado Springs, CO, you’ve probably experienced your fair share of hail storms. Unfortunately, our local climate can often create the perfect conditions for hail. While many people understand that hail can damage windows and cars, few realize how significantly it can impact roofs.
At Integrity Roofing and Painting, we have years of experience helping Colorado Springs residents combat the effects of hail damage and other forms of roof storm damage. We can work with you to provide advice and roofing repair services that help you protect the internal components of your home. We also repair wind, snow, and ice damage caused by storms.
Potential Problems Caused by Hail Damage
While homeowners may not become immediately aware of the impact of hail damage, often the damage only makes itself evident after the fact. With Colorado Springs sometimes experiencing hail stones the size of golf balls, there is bound to be significant damage to your home’s roof, which we strongly advise inspecting immediately. These are some of the problems that could arise:
Water also goes to work destroying the internal structure of your house. As water contacts components of your home, it may warp them or cause wood to rot. The cost of fixing a roof leak is often much, much higher than the price of fixing the roof in the first place.
ROOF HAIL DAMAGE INSPECTION
ROOF HAIL DAMAGE REPAIRS
SEEKING INSURANCE COMPENSATION FOR HAIL DAMAGE
If your insurance policy covers your roof, make sure to declare this to our repair specialist when you get in contact with our team.
Hail Damage Questions
How do I know if I have hail damage to my roof?
* If your neighbors are having their roof replaced from a hailstorm, you probably need one too.
* If your window beading, window screens, siding or automobile is damaged from hail, your roof is probably damaged.
* If you can see black marks or spots on your roof from the ground, your roof needs to be replaced.
* If your skylight was broken from the hail storm, this is a sign of potential roof damage as well.
* If large amounts of roof granules accumulate under your gutter downspouts or on your driveway, you might have hail damage.
* If you do not currently have an impact resistant shingle system on your roof, you are more vulnerable to hail damage and should have it inspected by a professional, licensed roofer.
How will the roof inspection be conducted?
* Many times evidence of hail is seen from the ground. We inspect window screens, window beading, siding, gutters, oxidized metal surfaces, fences, sidewalks and mailboxes before we inspect the roof. If we find collateral damage at ground level, it is likely the roof is damaged.
* Sometimes we find no evidence of hail on the ground, yet we still find damage to the roof.
* Even if there is no collateral damage on the ground, the roof should still be inspected. Our inspectors will conduct a roof top examination of the shingles to determine actual hail damage to the roof.
What is the appropriate action if I think I have hail damage?
* Call Integrity Roofing and Painting for a professional roof inspection. If significant hail damage is noted, we would encourage you to file an insurance claim and sign up for the Integrity Roof Solution. If you have minimal hail damage we will make suggestions depending upon the age of the roof and what is best for you.
* It is best to have an experienced insurance restoration contractor inspect your roof prior to notifying the insurance company. If roof is damaged, it is to your advantage to have your personal advocate meet with the insurance adjuster during the initial inspection.
How large does the hail stone need to be in order to damage my roof?
* Small hail and soft hail typically do not damage a roof.
* Nickel size hail and larger can damage an older shingle.
* Golf ball size hard hail lasting for five minutes and longer will typically damage most roofs.
* Small hail driven by high winds for a long period of time can damage your roof.
What does hail damage look like?
* Most hail damage will create a bruise in an asphalt shingle.
* Some hail damaged shingles will have small craters on the surface.
* The shingles surface will have areas of crushed granules where the hailstone impacted the shingle.
* Sometimes hail stones can actually cut through the hip and ridge cap creating holes in your shingles.
What kind of damage can hail create on my roof?
* Hail damage can create current and futures leaks.
* Hail damage will expose the bitumen to ultraviolet rays thus degrading the shingle.
* Hail damage will void most shingle warranties.
* Hail damage creates an economic burden on the homeowner unless the damage is repaired within the time guidelines of the insurance company.
* Hail will accelerate granular loss.
* Hail will accelerate shingle aging.
How does my insurance policy provide coverage for hail damage?
* Homeowner’s policies are in place to protect the insured from a financial loss.
* Your policy provides coverage for a sudden catastrophic event such as hail.
* Coverage under an Act of God falls under the category of a “no-fault claim.” Most of the time, these claims are not held against you.
* If you have significant hail damage to your roof your insurance carrier has a fiduciary responsibility to replace your roof with like kind.
* If you have minimal hail damage on a newer roof your insurance carrier may decline roof replacement.
* We offer Hail Impact Resistant Roofing upgrades that can result in insurance premium discounts.
* More information on the insurance claims process may be found here.
Get in Touch Today
If you’ve experienced hail damage, get in touch with our Colorado Springs roofing team today—we provide free quotes and inspection
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE ROOF ESTIMATE TODAY!
HIRE A TEAM OF ROOFING EXPERTS YOU CAN TRUST.