Many of us live for years with paint that’s seen better days, or in less-than-inspiring colors, simply because we’re clueless about the cost of having a room or exterior repainted. Even if we have the budget for a paint job, the “not knowing” can cause us to procrastinate.
So, How Much Does Painting Cost?
The cost of house painting in Colorado Springs varies depending on what you want or need. Fortunately, whether you’re looking to hire an interior or exterior painter, you can expect to pay between $2.20 and $3.70 per square foot for a basic paint job on flat walls of average height. However, most paint jobs require something more, which means the job will cost more.
Interior Paint Factors That Affect Cost
- Painting trim (such as around windows and doors) is more labor-intensive.
- Ceilings require special attention. High ceilings require even more so.
- Wall repairs, removing wallpaper, and preparing them for a smooth finish.
- Difficult areas to access, such as high stairwells.
- More artistic textured walls, decorative effects, or detail-oriented work.
- Need for primer if you’re going with an entirely different wall color over your existing color, lightening up dark colors, or toning down vibrant shades.
Saving Money on Interior Painting
A professional painting contractor should be willing to provide a breakdown of your costs so you can see exactly what you’re paying for. They’ll also be able to advise you on ways to reduce your costs for interior painting. For example:
- Instead of making dramatic color changes, a single coat of the same or similar color can give you a fresh polished look. You may avoid the need for primer.
- If you want to paint one wall of a room for a punch of color, choosing the wall with the most windows and doors means you’re painting less wall space.
- Re-evaluate the need to paint the trim. You might still get the effect you want without it.
- If you’ve fallen in love with a color from a “designer” brand of paint, consider a less expensive option.
- If your walls need repairs, consider making them yourself.
Exterior House Painting FAQ
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
How long will it take for a painting job to be finished in Colorado Springs?
An exterior house painting duration will depend on the number of stories and accessibility of the work to be done. In addition, the painting preparation may also affect the painting period because different house construction materials and designs require different preparation. A concrete wall may need to be cured with specialized chemicals first for the paint to stick on it. A stucco finish may require special equipment. These factors should be considered to assess the period when a painting job will be finished.
Why should I choose a professional house painter in Colorado Springs?
Professional house painters in Colorado Springs are skilled to do exterior house painting and can finish the job hassle-free. Homeowners may opt to paint their houses on their own but the results may come out unsatisfactorily. Hiring a house painter will guarantee a finish that suits the taste and the demand of a homeowner. You can request special painting designs, ranging from the very basic exterior painting designs to the most complex. Specialized painters are available for this kind of task. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and wait for your dull house exterior to turn into a beauty.
Why should I paint my home in Colorado Springs?
People ask this question quite often. Painting your home not only gives your house a fresh and cool look, but it can also protect your home. Paint acts as a skin to your house exterior. It acts as a shield from harmful elements found in your surroundings and the ever-changing weather conditions. A house that has its exterior materials exposed directly to the sun and rain has more chance of suffering severe damage than a house with a protective layer of paint.
When you’re ready to renew your space, call a Colorado Springs roofing experts team like Integrity Roofing and Painting who can show plenty of examples of their work and provide testimonials from satisfied customers. And keep in mind that the cheapest painter is not always the smartest option. You may wind up with frustration and regret. Quality work, experience, and thoughtful insight always bring better results. Call us today!